Presenting four fantastic variations of the classy summer cocktail — the Sangria. Wine, fruit and spirits make the trifecta for a fruity and delicious libation. Perfect for entertaining.
Sip. Enjoy. Repeat.
John Aquino’s Orange & Watermelon Sangria
Coast and Wild Olive
Orange Simple Syrup Ingredients:
½ Cup Water
1/3 Cup Sugar
1 TBSP Orange Zest
2 Pounds ripe watermelon (no seeds, no rine)
1/3 Cup Contrieau
1 Bottle of Dry White Wine — Crushed Fine Wine suggest: Glatzer Weingut, Gruner Veltliner, Austria, 2011
4 Large Strawberries — suggests Pete with Ambrose Farm
- Heat and dissolve syrup ingredients. Strain and let sit until cooled.
- Puree watermelon and strain very well Chill.
- Mix all ingredients together and chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Slice strawberries and combine or better yet, put strawberry slices in ice tray and add water — freeze and add to the mix.
Santi’s Red Sangria
Santi’s Restaurante Mexicano
1 orange, peeled and diced
1 apple, cored, peeled and diced
Lime juice to cover
In a pitcher combine the following:
- 1 bottle Cabernet — Crushed Fine Wine suggests: Lis neris Cabernet Sauvignon 2011
- 2 oz. Gran Marnier
- 2 oz. Christian Brothers Brandy
- 1 tbs. white sugar
- Fill with club soda
- Spoon two tbs. fruit in bottom of glass.
- Fill with ice.
- Fill glass with sangria spoon two tbs. more fruit over top.
In a 12 oz. glass:
JPaulz White Peach Sangria
J. Paul’z Restaurant Tapas & Sushi Bar
1 oranges, thinly sliced
1/2 lemon, thinly sliced
1/2 lime, thinly sliced
1 peach thinly sliced
1 Bottle of Pinot Grigio or an un-oaked Chardonnay
4 ounces of Mango Rum
4 ounces of Peach Schnapps
- Cut fruits into a large pitcher or container.
- Pour liquids into the container of sliced fruit
- Serve in a Tall Red Wine Glass
- Squeeze a slice of the following fruits and leave in bottom of glass: lime, lemon, and orange, and then fill with ice.
- Fill each Glass 95% with Sangria and top with a splash of Sprite.
- Garnished with Orange.
Jonathan Calo’s Strawberry & Basil Sangria
Burwell’s Stone Fire Kitchen
1/4 cup Strawberries (muddled)
Bunch of Basil
1 Ounce Good Quality White Tequila
1/2 Ounce Saint Germaine
1 bottle Dry Rose — Crushed Fine Wine suggests: Chateau des Annibals, Coteaux Varois Cuvee Suivez-moi Jeune Homme Rose, Provence,France 2012
- Muddle strawberries and basil.
- Combine ingredients and shake well.
- Pour into collins glass and stir in a dry rose.
- Garnish with basil and a strawberry.